This deliciously refreshing and crunchy salad is a great addition to any main meal or barbecue. Ultra finely sliced fennel is balanced with slightly spicy celery and radish and is perfected with a vibrant fennel frond dressing. A nourishing salad that is more gentle on the tummy, low FODMAP and low histamine.
What ingredients do I need to make this?
Simply three vegetables, fennel, radish and celery plus some dressing ingredients.
A complete list of ingredients, quantities and instructions are in the grey recipe card at the bottom of the page
Is this low FODMAP suitable?
You must divide this salad into the appropriate portions for it to be low FODMAP according to Monash University. ½ cup fennel, 10g celery 4 radishes are all low FODMAP per serve – so ensure that you divide this into three and don’t overeat this to avoid it becoming higher in FODMAPS.
Is this low histamine?
According to the SIGHI list, this salad should be lower in histamine, all scoring 0, but everyone is very different with what’s tolerated so confirm that these ingredients work for you and check with a doctor or dietitian if needed. Ensure you use distilled vinegar rather than apple cider vinegar though to keep it low histamine.
How To Make:
Finely slice the vegetables
Create a dressing by shaking all ingredients in a glass jam jar with a lid on.
Dress and enjoy!
Tips for making the best fennel, radish and celery salad:
Select a fennel bulb that has lots of fronds on it if you can! This will be added to flavour the dressing and add a beautiful anise flavour to compliment the more bitter celery and radish.
How To Store:
Best enjoyed immediately. Store the sliced vegetables undressed in an airtight container in the fridge for 2 days. You can mix up the dressing but don’t pour it on until you’re ready to serve.
Fennel, Radish and Celery Salad
- 1 1/2 cups fennel 1 fennel bulb with fronds, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup celery finely sliced
- 6 radishes finely sliced
- 1 tbsp fennel fronds
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Using a sharp knife or mandoline, thinly slice the fennel, celery and radishes. Remove the fronds from the fennel and finely chop for the dressing. Transfer to a serving dish and mix together.
- In a glass jar, mix together the dressing ingredients. Pop the lid on and shake for 20-30 seconds until combined. Pour the dressing over the salad, mix well and serve immediately.